I just got off the phone with a very nice lady who was very helpful and managed to solved my problem. She doesn’t know for sure why my accounts were blocked so I am still completely in the dark about that, but she said that me – at least on my second account – switching the toggle to “yes” on “allow spends from blocked accounts” might have something to do with my second account being blocked. What I’ve done is tried to spend my e-gold from my blocked personal account to what I thought would be an unblocked second account. The idea was to out-exchange what little money I’ve had there and just forget about e-gold altogether. My guess is that they’re simply running some security script that is just mechanically looking for certain “red flag” transactions and account usage and blocking all those that come remotely within the zone of suspicion. No doubt they don’t have the manpower to manually review all cases and the unfortunate side-effect is that a few good plants are plucked along with the weeds.
Well, the end result is that I’ll receive a verification code mailed to me and then that should unblock my second account and I should be good to go. But, I am still a bit perturbed by this whole experience.
A few tips for all of you out there:
1) Stay clear of any suspicious “e-gold investment” schemes.
2) Do NOT turn on “allow spends from blocked accounts” if you have an account that has that option available.
3) If you feel your account has been wrongly closed, be tenacious and give them a call.
4) Ditch HYIPs & AutoSurfs. If you people must still play those crooked games please switch to some other e-currency that welcomes you, because e-gold no longer does!.
5) Avoid using hyip, autosurf, or any other such keywords in the memo field. That’s like putting a bullseye right on your forehead and starting to dance in front of live firing squad shouting “shoot me, shoot me!”
I’m going to cancel my previous offer to sell my e-gold. I’ve decided to keep it for now and wait and see what the future has in store for e-gold. Hopefully they will get through this and things will get back to normal. I also hope none of you have to go through what I did.
Take care everyone. Thanks for reading my blog.