Here is list of financial new years resolutions you may wish to apply in 2008.
1. Buy precious metals – the ultimate safe haven investment.
2. Invest in reverse index funds (or inverse ETFs) to hedge the rest of your portfolio.
3. Diversify your currency portfolio as much as possible.
4. Start looking for non-correlated alternative investments (commodities, vintage wine, fine art, etc).
5. Take a good look at your retirement plan – do you have a bear market strategy in place for those assets?
6. Look into investing in distressed debt (these guys clean up during bear markets)
7. Invest in the Japanese yen (which tends to rise as stocks crash).
8. Take your assets out of Wall Street’s inept hands – look into taking your assets offshore.
9. Think of opening a few good Managed Forex Accounts (I have reviewed two good ones you can check out by browsing the “Forex” and “Managed Forex Accounts” categories)