Hi everyone. If you’re like me, you probably want to run a few expert advisors here and there. However, not everyone wants to leave their PC running all the time to do this. There is a solution, but of course it’s going to cost you. I’ve been hunting around the net for quite some time and came across a fairly cheap provider of Virtual Private Servers (VPS) that caters specifically to Forex traders like us. They even have some of their own EAs you can subscribe to for a reasonable fee. I haven’t really looked that much at their EA subscription offering but feel free to check it out if you’re interested. I am mainly interested in their VPS offering.
Here is what they’re offering (quote from their website):
- 64 bit Windows for maximum performance! [especially traders]
- Windows Virtual Desktop hosted in a major US datacenter
- Accessible from any Windows PC, Mac, web browser or Windows Mobile Phone!
- Your programs keep running, even when your PC is shut off
- High speed Internet to your desktop – even for dialup users
- No maintenance at random hours (crucial for us traders)
- Subscription EA’s and/or upload your own
- 24/7/365 support, trusted by subscribers in 67 countries
- Virtual Desktop Feature & Security Pack for FREE!
Virtual Private Server Detailed Specs:
- 384MB RAM
- 5G Hard Disk
- 5GB Backup Hard Disk
- 2.5x Power (CPU Share)
- 250 Processes
- Windows 2003 Enterprise Server 64 bit
- 2 Remote Desktop Sessions
- Online Trader Software Application Templates
MetaTrader, VTTrader, iqChart, Speed Trader, Mig Trading Station, TCNet…or install your own!
- Dedicated IP Address
- Remote Desktop Sound & Printing Support
- Free .com/net/org Domain Registration
- Virtuozzo Power Panel Included
- Dual Firewalls
- ClamWin AntiVirus
- Virtual Desktop Feature & Security Pack
The price is a modest $30 per month.
They do have a “Power Edition” package but that’s gonna cost you $65 per month. I think for me (and probably for the rest of you) the $30/month package is good enough.
If you’ve got an EA that earns you over $30 per month (which I hope you do) then your forex earnings will easily pay for this service. I intend to give this company’s services a try in the next few weeks or so.
Incidentally they also have an affiliate program you can use to make a bit of change. Seeing as how this is after all a “how to make money” blog I though I should let you know about it.
P.S If any of you know of a much cheaper virtual private server provider feel free to contact me and let me know. I would much appreciate it.