Here is an update I’ve received from AlterGold staff. I don’t know about you but I still don’t trust them enough to send them my money. Notice how now they’re trying to distance themselves from the “aggressive advertising initiated by the previous admin.” They also deny all allegations that they run “money making programs.” As you can see from the news release below, they’re going to implement some major changes such as a KYC (know your customer) policy and a verified exchanger program. I still remain on the fence with this one. What do you folks? Share your opinion on a thread I started over here:
Update follows below:
AlterGold NEWS UPDATE, Part 2 Sept. 10, 2008 Dear AlterGold Customers, We would like to begin the second half of this newsletter by thanking the previous administration for a job well done.
Without their creative and promotional abilities, AlterGold wouldn’t have been the enormous success it is today.
New Administration Plans For the Future:
1. New Advertising Focus
2. Know Your Customer Policy
3. Improved Account Security
4. Accredited Exchange Partners
5. Out Exchanges
6. Future AlterGold Support
1. The aggressive advertising initiated by the previous admin, a necessity at the beginning of any new program, will be curbed. Now that AlterGold is well underway, this new admin team will focus on improved support service and the “word of mouth” of satisfied customers as our advertising tool. This is not to say that we will not engage in advertising, but in the future we will more carefully select our sponsors, as in the past this has unfortunately led to a misplaced assumption that AG runs “moneymaking” programs. AG is not in any way affiliated with such programs other than the advertising result it has generated for us.
2. Due to the non-stop fraudulent activities that frequent a business of this nature, AlterGold will introduce a “know your customer” policy . This will include a verification process, which will be implemented in the NEW script upgrade.
3. A new, improved and better AlterGold will be delivered before the end of the month. This will include a script upgrade that will make it almost impossible for user accounts to be compromised by hackers, or those who phish or hack user accounts. In the future, AlterGold members will be provided the same account security -if not better- than offline banks provide.
4. Starting Oct 1st, all Digital Currency Exchangers will be required to provide verification documents. In return they will earn our Accredited Exchanger Seal. Without this seal displayed on their site, no exchanger will be authorised to exchange AlterGold. This is a new approach for AG to curb fraudulent activities in the future.
5. Throughout the month of September, AG will be slow on Out Exchanges. The reason for this is that our system was compromised by a number of fraudulant fund batches in the system. We have gone to great lengths to find and remove these and continue to do so. One thing is certain, no fraudulent withdrawals will be honoured .
6. Our new Support Office and Call Centre is now underway. The new adminitration believes that person-to-person phone support is important for a service of this nature, thus we are working around the clock to have this ready before October 1st. All AlterGold support service is only through the support desk at the moment. The company has stopped Chat Support. We believe that all communication with AlterGold company should be official , and as communication via chat tends to be unofficial and unrecorded, it is no longer recognized by the company.
Once again, we would like to remind you to include your AG member ID # (AGXXXXXX) in all communication with us. Without it, we cannot trace your account transactions.
Please be assured that , as promised, all WU and bank transfers delayed by the DDOS attacks are being – or will be- expedited in the fastest possible time. Several hundred were delayed, but our staff is doing all they can to speed the process. We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the delays, but this was just one of the painful problems caused by the DDOS attackers.
We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding. With your continued support, we look forward to a brighter future for AlterGold. The AG administration remains committed to AlterGold and to our members.
Yours in Service,
Kaylynn H. McLean,