Hello Canadian savers. It looks like Ally, the online bank offering Canadians the highest interest rate is no more. They’ve been bought out by one of the big 4 banks – Royal Bank of Canada. This is a disappointment for me and no doubt for many of you because all Ally High Interest Savings Accounts (HISA) will be closed on April 30, 2013.
I had an account with them so I guess now is the time to start researching another alternative. Once I find something suitable I will let you all know.
- Update on my Ally high interest savings account
- My new Ally high interest savings account
- Ally High Interest Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Canada Tax-Free Savings Account
- SmartyPig – Online Savings Account