Hello fellow Canadian stock traders. I just found out yesterday via e-mail that my current stock broker – Questrade – is giving away free iPad mini. An iPad mini is yours when you open and fund an account with $100,000. Or, fund a new account with just $1,000 and you will be entered to win one of 10. Questrade still offers the lowest stock trading commissions in Canada so I’d definitely still recommend using them. These free this and that promos they offer once in a while are nice and all but the main reason to go with them are the lower trading costs.
Enjoy and happy trading!
Greetings fellow Canadian investors. A while back I blogged about how my current stock broker – Questrade – is offering 3 months of free trades. Well, I just wanted to remind that this promotion is still active, so if you’re thinking about switching brokers or thinking about getting into either trading stocks as a daytrader or simply want to build your own custom stock portfolio now would be the time to make a move. One reason to switch to this broker is that they offer the lowest commission rates in Canada.
So anyways, what you need to do to qualify for 3 free months of trading is visit this link and then use this offer code: RSP2013
Good luck and happy trading!
Btw, if you wish to discuss stocks – especially Canadian stocks – join me at the Stocks Nirvana forum.
Greetings fellow Canadian investors and traders. I have a pretty cool promotion passed on to me by Questrade – my current stock broker. They’re having a special promotion where you can get free unlimited trades for a period of 3 months. Use offer code RSP2013 before March 1, 2013 to get unlimited free trades. It’s really all that simple. Is there a catch? Nope, but there is fine print that you should read, and speaking of which here it is:
Terms and conditions
How to qualify
Open a new registered, margin or TFSA* account by 11:59 p.m. ET, March 1st, 2013 and, depending on your funding level, get up to 3 months of unlimited free stock trades. The free trades are in the form of commission rebates.
Get started here
- Enter the promotional code RSP2013 online when completing the application for a new account.
- The offer is open to new and existing equity clients.
- The free trades apply to equity trades only (sorry, no option orders, gold trading, mutual fund trading, or foreign currency trading).
- Foreign exchange (forex) accounts are not eligible.
- If you are funding your account by transferring from another broker, the transfer must be initiated by 11:59 p.m. ET, March 1st, 2013 and must be completed within 60 days of initiation to qualify for the offer.
- New accounts by existing Questrade clients cannot be funded by transferring funds from another Questrade account.
Depending on your funding levels, get 1, 2, or 3 months of free trades: details
- The minimum required funding to get 3 months of unlimited free stock trades is CAD $50,000. All equity trades completed within 90 days of account activation are free.
- The minimum required funding to get 2 months of unlimited free stock trades is CAD $25,000. All equity trades completed within 62 days of account activation are free.
- The minimum required funding to get 1 month of unlimited free stock trades is CAD $1,000. All equity trades completed within 31 days of account activation are free.
And to make it easier to get started…
- You have an additional 30 days from the date the account is activated to reach the minimum funding requirement for additional month(s) of unlimited free stock trades. That sounds complicated, but really it’s quite simple. Here’s an example: fund it with $1,000 immediately so you get started trading. Then before the month is up, add another $49,000, and your free trades continue for the full three months. Nice, huh?
Some terms and conditions
- Your account will be charged for the trading commission during the qualifying period and the commission will then be rebated to your account within three business days of the trade execution up to a maximum of $9.95 per trade.
- Account holders must maintain the following minimum account balance for at least 6 months of account funding in order to be eligible for the corresponding offer:
- $50,000 for 3 months of unlimited free stock trades
- $25,000 for 2 months of unlimited free stock trades
- If the account balance falls below the minimum required amount before the end of the 6 month period due to withdrawals on your account, you will no longer qualify for the offer and Questrade will apply a charge to your account based on the credited amount. If the account balance falls below the minimum required asset amount due to market fluctuations, you are still eligible for the offer and no charges will be applied.
A few more terms and conditions
- Other trade fees including exchange and ECN fees may apply.
- This is free trades only. You will not receive cash compensation for any unused free trade commissions.
- Amounts quoted are in CAD.
- You are solely responsible for any tax consequences or other amounts which may be associated with the Offer.
- This offer is not available to Questrade employees or members of their household.
- This offer is subject to change without notice.
- This is a one-time offer per client. This means pick your account wisely: put the free trades in the account you want to trade in!
- This offer cannot be combined with any other Questrade offer except free to transfer (see below).
FREE TO TRANSFER
Questrade will pay your transfer-out fees up to CAD $150 when you move a minimum of CAD $25,000 to Questrade from another brokerage. Payment of the transfer-out fee is capped at CAD $150 and is limited to one account per client.
To take advantage of this limited time promo simply open an account by visiting the Questrade homepage.
Enjoy your free trades!
My current favorite stock brokerage firm – Questrade – is offering a free technical analysis newsletter delivered by email five days a week (Tuesday through Saturday). The report features bullish and bearish stocks from the U.S. and Canadian markets, and analyzes them using classic price chart patterns. Bear in mind though that to get the free technical analysis report you have to become one of their client. But that’s not such a bad idea really as I found them to be a pretty good brokerage firm. I used to be with the now defunct (bought out by Scotiabank) e-trade Canada, and I switched to Questrade because of the lower transaction fees and I have been pretty happy so far.
I guess I should also mention that Questrade is a Canadian stock broker so I’m afraid this free newletter offer is available only to Canadians. They really should open up a US subsidiary too!
Thanks for your attention.
My current favorite stock brokerage firm – Questrade – is giving away 10 free iPad 2 tablets! I just found out about this several days ago. A bit late but still not late enough to get in on the contest. Personally I can’t get in cause I already have an account, but if you’re living in Canada and you’re looking for a stock/forex broker with the lowest fees I’d suggest you have a look at Questrade. Now to qualify for this iPad giveaway you have to open a equity/forex account with a minium of $10,000 (CAD) before May 31’st. If you do you’ll be automatically entered to win 1 out of 10 iPad 2 tablets.
Please make sure that you Login to the myQuestrade control panel to open your new account or to complete an application in progress. Use offer code iwin11 to qualify.
Folks please make sure you use “iwin11” as the offer code!
I wish you all good luck. I hope you end up winning an iPad 2.
Hello folks. I a previous post of mine I mentioned how my stock broker – Questrade – was giving people 10 free trades when they open a no-fee RSP account. Well since then I learned about another special promotion that they’re offering and I though all you Canadian traders and investors may want to know so you can take advantage of it.
The promo is in regards to investing in mutual funds. Questrade is offering fee rebates to customers who invest in mutual funds via both registered and non-registered accounts. What this means is that you save on trading costs. Pretty cool!
Personally I’m not into mutual funds (I prefer to invest in individual stocks) but I know there are tons of Canadians that don’t have time to do what I do (stock pick) so mutual funds are a great way to invest in the stock market without putting much effort on your part. Getting some money back from Questrade when you invest in mutual funds makes good financial sense. To help you figure out how much you’ll save they even have a rebate calculator on their site.
Now that you know about this deal if you wish to find out more about this broker or their special mutual funds promo hop on over to the Questrade homepage.
Good luck and happy investing!